|75g||unsalted butter or margarine|
|175g||granulated golden sugar|
|500g||peeled apples, cored and sliced|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Melt the butter/margarine in a saucepan with the golden sugar, syrup and milk. Stir in the oats.
- Spoon two-thirds of the mixture onto a greased 18cm square tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the apples in a saucepan with the caster sugar, ground cinamon and lemon juice and cook until thick and plumpy.
- Spread the apples over the cooked oat base, then spread the remaining oat mixture over the top and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Cut into pices and allow to cool.
- Serve with some of the summer appledrink.